The Longardian Federation is one of two political entities mentioned during the events of Rogue Galaxy. They are apparently the government of the Wilherser System and are also apparently at war with another entity known as the Draxilian Empire. In truth, though, the government's actual influence has been subverted due to the practically all-encompassing influence of the Daytron Corporation in all of the aspects of its activities from mere commerce all the way to the war effort.
The Longardian Federation and its conflict with the Draxilian Empire is rarely alluded to during the main storyline except for in a few places:
- How Deego Aegis lost his arm and how Gale Dorban fell from grace.
- How the oceans of Alistia have been polluted by Golba.
- When Jaster Rogue and company are arrested at the Galaxy Corporation Headquarters and sent to Alekt Rosencaster's prison for supposedly being Draxilian Spies and supposedly being responsible for bombing the building.
- When Valkog unveils the Emperor Battleship.
- How Rosa got mixed up in the conflict between the two entities.
- Chairman Vandersch: The Chairman of the Longardia War Council. He has little actual power, as evidenced during the Emperor Unveiled cutscene where, in the presence of Daytron President Valkog, his voice is but an inaudible mumble of half-hearted agreement.
- Admiral Fox Banarge: Anti-War Admiral of the Longardian forces. His views are less than popular, to say the least.
- Daytron President Valkog Drazer: The head of the Daytron Corporation whose influence seemingly knows no bounds...and he knows it.
- The overall appearance of the Longardian soldiers reminds that of the Stormtrooper from Star Wars.
- The Longardian guards from a cutscene early in the story also look and even sound like some of the Desians from Tales of Symphonia, especially as pertains to their helmets/visors.